The objective of this competition is to encourage students from various schools to acquire as many carbon offset credits as possible. The competition aims to raise awareness about climate change and the need to reduce carbon emissions, and promote individual actions that can help offset carbon emissions.
- The competition will run for a period of 3 months, starting from the launch date.
- Each student participant will be required to acquire as many carbon offset credits as possible during the competition period.
- Carbon offset credits can be acquired by taking individual actions such as using public transportation, cycling, or walking instead of driving a car; reducing energy consumption at home or at school; participating in tree-planting activities, and other similar activities.
- Participants will be required to document their activities through photos, videos, or written descriptions, and submit them as proof of their carbon offset credit acquisition.
- Each carbon offset credit acquired by a participant will earn them one point.
- The participant with the highest number of carbon offset credits acquired at the end of the competition period will be declared the winner.
- The top 3 participants with the highest number of carbon offset credits acquired will receive prizes and recognition.
- The winning school will receive a prize of $5000 of Carbon Offset Certificates.
- The 1st runner-up will receive a prize of $3000 of Carbon Offset Certificates.
- The 2nd runner-up will receive a cash prize of $2000 and a certificate of recognition.